We’re just beginning a development journey that will take us through design concepting, functional prototyping, milestone deliverables, systems building and tuning, map building, and deep polishing & optimization. We’re looking for a game / level designer that can dig deep into each stage of this process, crossing into realms of both systems and level design, applying technical & creative passion to constantly improve the game through an iterative process. We want people that think differently at every step and help us to create a broadly appealing product that resonates with the widest set of fans possible.
- Design, pitch, & hone ideas from concept stage forward. Examine desired player experience goals and introduce systems and level designs that help fulfill that experience.
- Be an equal voice within the design team for making both large- and small-scale decisions throughout the project.
- Collaborate deeply with other disciplines. This role will touch on everything from animation to UI to environment art to sound, as well as work closely with core engineering teams.
- Own systems and/or map ideas from inception to completion. This includes pitching ideas in their infancy to fine-tuning post-launch. We emphasize a culture of trust, and with that trust comes both responsibility & accountability.
- Daily hands-on engine work to bring ideas to life.
- Experience with modern game engines (Unity, Unreal, etc.).
- Experience with building functional systems / gameplay in a visual scripting tool, though experience in code-like scripting environments is a strong plus.
- Experience with building maps, levels, or worlds.
- Rock-solid understanding of interplay between systems and levels; can take a set of systems or player abilities and build spaces that highlight those abilities in interesting and creative ways.
- Previously shipped titles in a design role or demonstrable portfolio of prior non-professional work demonstrating your abilities.
- Strong passion for games.
- Experience programming, both code & visual scripting (C++, C#, etc. | Blueprint, etc.)
- Experience working in multiplayer games or systems
- A passion for diversity & representation in games & game development
- Familiar with fundamental world-building concepts: flow, landmarking, scale, visibility, metrics, etc.
- A self-starter who can align with the team’s goals but isn’t hesitant to create solutions on their own
- Comfortable with rapid iteration based off feedback from many sources: peer review, data analytics, player surveys, etc. Capable of filtering large volumes of feedback into concrete and actionable improvements.
- Ability to iterate & collaborate under deadlines & production constraints.
Send your resume via the contact page.